Why a custom keepsake?
Creating a custom keepsake with Beacon Design is a great way to engage your donors, supporters and the public annually. A custom keepsake reflects who you are increasing exposure for your organization, while raising funds or generating revenue. Having an annual collectible turns your donors into collectors, solidifying their donation for years to come.
One of our greatest success stories is our partnership with the White House Historical Association.(Have a link to their “ornament collection” or to our portfolio showing that program). Since 1981 Beacon Design a division of the ChemArt Company, has been the exclusive manufacturer of their annual ornament. Each year a new design is created honoring a President in the order of their time served.
Over the last 35 years the Association has raised millions of dollars which further their mission to fund the acquisition of furnishings and artwork for the White House permanent collection, to assist in the preservation of the historic rooms and to educate the public on the history of the White House.
The program has grown to close to 1 million ornaments sold annually because their supporters have become collectors and look forward to each new design.
*** On this section I envision the 2016 WHHA ornament with a quick blurb about their program, a link to their site and our retail section where they can purchase the entire series. Center the description of the ornament under the image. On the edit page the text about the WHHA program is on the side of the image but when I preview it, that’s not how it looks. I intended the text to be beside the image.
What should I think about before getting started?
There are some important things to consider when you think about creating your custom keepsake program with Beacon. (break up a lot of this text with images that show custom product across all industries….)
- What do I hope to achieve with this program? Knowing how you would like to utilize your collectible will allow your representative to share thoughts and ideas that have worked for your peers to achieve a similar goal, whether it is fundraising, donor gift or incentive, commemoration, revenue generation, etc.
- How much money do I have in my budget to start this type of program? It’s important to know if you have a budget that you are working with so that we can tailor a program to you. The beauty of creating custom product is that we have the ability to work within your desired budget.
- What will resonate with my supporters? Having a general idea of theme or concept will shorten the development time and give you a starting point to build upon. The creative process is one of the best parts of putting your program together so have fun with it!
- How many pieces should I order? That will depend on how many supporters you have, how you are going to utilize your keepsake, etc. Our goal is that you have the highest level of sell through and that your program is a success, so we will work closely with you to determine a quantity that makes sense.
- How long does it take? In the best case scenario it takes 2 weeks to create your custom design and once approved it takes 4 weeks for production. There are many variables that can effect the amount of time it takes to complete your project. For example; revisions to the initial concept, waiting to get approval from a board, the quantity you are ordering, special packaging, etc. Having an understanding of when you would like the project completed will allow us to help you plan, so the project is completed in enough time to meet your needs. Planning is everything!
- Now that I have my custom keepsake, how do I market them to get the most out of my program? For over 40 years we have worked with organizations just like yours and learned a great deal about what works and what doesn’t work, when marketing this type of product. We have complied many of those ideas in our “Marketing Tips”.(Include a link to the marketing tips section) Check them out or contact your representative to find out more great ideas!
How Do I Get Started?
It is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Now that you know what to consider, reach out to your representative or if you don’t have a representative contact us here and we’ll get back to you asap! (have a link to the contact us form)
- Our team will LISTEN to your needs and will collaborate with you to develop a program that makes sense. Then our design team will execute a concept that reflects your organization’s vision.
- Lastly we will support you in your efforts by sharing ideas on how to get the most out of your program.
Why Beacon Design?
- We have 40 years of expertise and knowledge has allowed us to build partnerships with our clients that last a lifetime.
- Our clients are the backbone of our company and we believe in developing relationships built on trust, quality and execution of their goals.
- We produce high quality, high perceived value, custom product at a very reasonable cost to you. For more information on the average cost visit our FAQ page(have a link here) or contact a representative (link to contact us)….
- We have a low minimum order of 250 pieces with price breaks at higher volumes.
- We are 100% USA made.
- The product and packaging can be custom designed to suit your needs and budget.
- We are fully integrated from design through manufacturing so we have complete control of the quality of your product.
- We offer ideas and marketing tips to help you once you’ve received your product.
- We are invested in you and your success.